Are you a fan of scuba diving? Well, there are many reasons why you should go scuba diving. Some people are interested in scuba diving because of the fun that comes with it. A significant number of people who scuba dive for fun maybe into ice diving or cave diving. In contrast, there are professional reasons that may make someone scuba dive, including civil engineering, military purposes, or underwater welding. Whatever the reason, you need the right equipment to ensure safety during scuba diving
The truth is that scuba diving may be dangerous, and it can also be a fun and exhilarating adventure. With advanced breathing equipment, you can stay underwater for a longer time than a normal person can. When going scuba diving, some of the equipment you need is a single hose, pressurized gas, a diving suit, swim fins attached to your feet and more.
In this Review, we will be talking about Cressi R1 BCD Leonardo Dive Computer AC2 Compact. Continue reading to learn more
AC2 Compact Regulator
Check the current price on Amazon >>
Compact Octopus with a Hose
Nitrox/Air Leonardo Computer Console
R1 Jacket style weight integrated BCD
Gear Up Guide Regulator Bag
Who is Cressi?
Cressi was established in 1946 in Genoa, Italy by brothers, NanniCressi and Egidiowho had passion for the sea as well as the gift of technical designing. From swimming, scuba diving, spearfishing, and snorkeling, Cressi evolved into one of the best sports equipment manufactures in the globe, delivering more than 90 countries. The manufacturer states with confidence that their products is innovative and their standards are high.
- A significant number of divers who buy this package and also volunteered to submit their comments felt that they would recommend this great product also commented how they found it to be a good product, felt the package was good and amazing
- Some divers have even said that they were very much surprised. They were very impressed by its look, how things work perfectly and thought that this package is amazing
- Some divers have also been able to dive in both cold and warm water and were happy with their performance
- Some divers have bought 2 packages
- There are no issues with delivery of the package and there is also no problem with the BCD sizes. Set up is also easy since most of the assembly comes when it has been done already for you
- Some divers have commended it for being light and a great way for traveling even when they are on a budget
- Some divers say that the Leonardo Computer is easy to use and tracked everything
- First-time divers like this package and thought that it was a great starter. They also said that it is familiar to use
- Divers were also happy with the quality of the regulator and how everything has been put together so well
- Divers expressed their feelings of absolute pleasure to use this product and felt that they performed how it was advertised
- A diver said that she was nervous ordering the product online because she wasn’t to actually see it or touch it physically and spending so much money on it. Actually, the product was backordered and the seller provided another set. According to her, the gauges were very durable and she was able to use it the next weekend and wishes to give 10 stars rather than 5 stars. She was impressed with the high performance of the unit
- Many users have said that this product works great
- Diver instead received an alternate second stage branded Aqua Lung but did not return it assuming that it was a mistake during shipping. It just worked fine
- The primary regulator of the diver was not balanced and had minor breathing problems when the tank was below 700 psi.
◊ Click here to buy the product on Amazon
My personal opinion
Starting with the first CON, it is the responsibility of the shipper to ensure that items are shipped. So, no points deducted
For the second CON, the diver experienced minor breathing problems when the tank was 700 psi left of compressed air because of the type of primary regulator is unbalanced. The manufacturer’s site doesn’t make any reference regarding the AC2 Compact Regulator Set being unbalanced
The best way to go about this is to go to the manufacturer’s website to get more information
A balanced first-stage means that regardless of how much air is in the tank, the diver is still able to get air supply at an intermediate pressure that remains unchanged. This is a crucial consideration when choosing a regulator since the first stage of the regulator has to deal with a full tank with a pressure of 3000 psi to under 500 psi since the diver uses his supply of air. For divers who consume a lot of air, you may want to purchase the balanced regulator even though the cost of purchasing is high
An unbalanced first stage regulator means that there is a different pressure at both ends of the spring valve assembly; therefore, when the tank is full at 3000 psi and the compressed air begins depleting, there is an unequal effort to overcome the force of the spring. This changes the air flow in the intermediate pressure, thus making it difficult to breathe when you are at a low tank pressure. For divers who don’t use a lot of air, the unbalanced regulator is just fine.
No points were deducted since the regulator still performed as it is required-as an unbalanced regulator